Scope Of Expenditure
The fellowship can be utilized for the following categories:
- Economy-class round-trip travel and a modest subsistence allowance for the fellowship period
- The Entity’s home institute will bear all expenses incurred in his or her home country (domestic travel, visa costs, etc.) and the host institute will waive any bench fees that they might normally charge trainees.
Elements of Application
The proposal texts should make it absolutely clear what activities will be carried out, what will be achieved, what deliverables will ensue (e.g. papers, technologies), at what costs, and in what time frame. Guidelines for preparing the proposal are given in the proposal sheet. In order to apply, candidates will be required to first contact and liaise with appropriate host Antarctic projects or programs in order to secure the support and mentorship of an active research team capable of including them in their own research program.
The elements of the application of the YPASM Fellowship Scheme are:
- Research Proposal – The applicant must have the Research Proposal (with relevant appendices) as a single document.
- Applicants to send Cover Note 1 to the Home Institute Referee, and the Referee to return it to the Applicant, along with the reference letter, as a single document.
- Application to send Cover Note 2 to the Host Institute Referee, and the host to return it to the Applicant, ready to be submitted to YPASM.
- Application Form – to be completed and submitted by the Application.
It is the Applicant’s responsibility to make sure that all parts of the application (Research Proposal, Home Institution Form and Host Institution Form are completed and received by them before submitting to YPASM.
Deadline of Application : 31 March 2019 (CLOSED)