Berth Support through SCAR Member Countries
- Applicant must already identified collaborator(s) and having research projects with secured placement in collaborator’s research station in Antarctica.
- Collaborator(s) can be any institution from any SCAR Member Countries.
- Field work must be committed during Antarctic summer season
- YPASM will fund up to RM55,000.00 for cost of field work including following categories only;
- Return economy-class airfare from Kuala Lumpur to the collaborator’s country and/or any departure points to Antarctica;
- Subsistence expenses;
- Freight costs; and
- Rental of polar clothing for field use.
How to apply:
Identify collaborator from any SCAR Member Countries and secure your placement.
Prospective researchers may identify potential collaborator and discuss initial idea. You may contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com should you need help with this. Please make sure you can secure your placement in the Antarctic research station during 2021/2022 Antarctic summer season.
Submit application to YPASM. Application 2021 has been closed
Applicants should complete and submit the following documents:
- Application Form
- Project Proposal with detailed budget;
- Cover Note and Acceptance Letter– Collaborator’s Agreement to host the applicant in Antarctica; and
- CV of applicant
YPASM Berth Support Through SCAR Member Countries Recipients 2020
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Siti Aqlima binti Ahmad
Universiti Putra Malaysia